Less than 24 hours away, departure day is upon us and we are awakening to snow on the ground! Unexpected show….they said flurries! It’s not much but coupled with the low temps, the trailer packing becomes more challenging.
Wish we had planned better….. This year we decided to stick around after Christmas instead of hitting road right after the big holiday. Now we are paying the price!
So it is either pack in the sub freezing temps today and get out of town tomorrow or take the chance of being caught in more inhospitable weather.
Just trying to keep the eye on the prize this AM as I survey the white stuff around me. We are heading to east Texas and a visit to LHC and from there, well, it depends on the weather. We have friends on their way to Big Bend and it would be nice to camp with them again. ( Hi! Glenda and Jeff) but I don’t want to be cold! Current temps across our pathway….Big Bend National Park 33 degrees, Quitman, TX 27 degrees, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ 49 degrees….and it’s 8 AM in AZ.
We are taking our newest family member, Sylvester, to the Southwest with us. In anticipation of his needs, we’ve gotten more cat carriers, kitty beds and litter boxes. Not sure where everything is going to fit.
This will be the first time we have taken a pet. A bit nervous about it but so many other people travel with their cats and dogs…surely we will adjust!
Don’t have the time to do a proper post….just know we are heading to the sun! A visit to the boon docking lands of Yuma and Quartzsite and a wedding in Phoenix….these are our only concrete plans….and there’s some jello in them!
Wishing everyone on the road to stay safe and everyone else, stay warm!!!!